If you are coming to the UK to study The LBS Sloan Masters in Leadership and Strategy programme you may need to apply for a Student visa. You will not require a Student visa if you have alternative immigration permission that permits study, including through the EU Settlement Scheme.
Request your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
The CAS is a secure reference number issued by LBS to confirm you have accepted a place on a course of study with us. You can request a CAS via our CAS request system after you have accepted your offer and paid your reservation fee. Details of when you can access the CAS request system will be published in due course. You can start your visa application after you have received your CAS.
Check the financial requirement
There are two strict financial criteria you must be able to meet:
- You have enough money to cover your first year tuition fees, or the full tuition fees for one year programmes
- You meet the required minimum for living expenses set at £12,006. There are a number of ways to do this:
– Money from an official financial sponsor/student loan company
– Money from your parents/legal guardians
– Bank statements/letter from your bank(s) showing the funds held for 28 days
Prepare your supporting documentation
All applicants must provide the following for their application:
- Current, valid passport
- CAS reference number
Some applicants may also need to provide one or both of the following:
– Official documents showing that you meet the financial requirement
– A valid tuberculosis test certificate
Applying for your Student visa
You can apply up to six months before your programme start date. We advise allowing at least six weeks between applying and your intended travel date to the UK. Please note you can only enter the UK up to 1 month before the programme start date stated on your CAS. The application steps are:
- Complete and submit the online application form – this includes paying for the visa, and paying the Immigration Healthcare Surcharge.
- Book an appointment at your nearest Visa Application Centre. This is through a 3rd party, either VFS or TLS. You should also be asked to upload your supporting documents at this stage.
- Attend appointment to submit biometrics and possibly attend interview. Your passport may be retained while your application is processing. You may bring hard copy documents to be scanned (at a cost) if you could not upload them beforehand.
- If you’re from an EU country, you may be asked to use the ‘UK Immigration: ID Check’ mobile app to prove your identity. If this applies to you, you won’t be required to attend an in-person biometric appointment.
Please contact the LBS visa team if you have any questions or concerns.